KOH Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOH Forums

Knights Of Honor Guild forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EP 5.1 ruined game for me

Go down 
+3
drTook
kohrty
RidinDirty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RidinDirty
Guild Member
Guild Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-12-22

EP 5.1 ruined game for me Empty
PostSubject: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Guys i'm really pissed about the way the mage/pagan got nerfed and its possible i might just quit playing because the class that i thought was challenge to play but fun got destroyed. Our main aoe we now have to run into the group of mobs to use, turb and lightning's damage got lowered and we now have a cast time on it. my main nuke spell/darkie annoyer skills are now worthless. Our aoes basicaly are screwed up. My pvp skills are useless now to i did 3 duels today and each one i was barely able to pop off any skills. Why? because they have cast times now, a fighter followed me around hitting me andi couldnt even get off a 1 second cast thats stupid and i'm not only going to use sustain doom/flameshock to kill some1.

On a side note if somebody comes in here and tells me mages didnt get screwed and we have so many cool skills now that are killer i'm going to call you an idiot because more than likely you havnt played 3 mages 1nm to 40, 1 hm to 58, and 1 um to 58 and your class didnt get bombed like mine did Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kohrty
Guild Member
Guild Member
kohrty

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 am

yep, it's all over the forum regarding the "improved" skills for mages...
all should complain hard on the forums, like what happened with the priests: their problems were fixed the next week.
For mages sake (i have 2 mages too, though hardly play them anymore) i hope it will be fixed soon.
Back to top Go down
RidinDirty
Guild Member
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:41 am

They really need to, i did a little bit of farming yesterday in dino and i used to be able to take out groups of the dinos with no problem. now with the cast times and the fact that i have to run into them to use my storm and earthstrike (awesome non target pwn skill but actually sucks) it was taking way to long because i was getting chain stunned.

Also i did some pvp and i felt soo useless all i was able to do was root them if they tried to run away which the root part itself seemd to last short than before or just about the same was hard to tell, and sustain doom.
Back to top Go down
drTook
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:33 pm

I can only agree. With the current state of mage's skills, it's an unplayable class. Funny when the discussion before the update was QQ about priests loosing HA.
Currently the state of skills are all up in the bugs thread, so I hope they will get fixed in some way. Worst case would be just fixing the descriptions... I guess time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Which why everyone needs to state their concerns and complaints in the Shaiya Forums.
Back to top Go down
RidinDirty
Guild Member
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:13 am

nah i'm gonna stick around i've learned to deal with all this bull actually. i just have to rely on others more to peel whoevers on me off and i have to focus more on 1 guy at a time now instead of being more supportive and able to take 2-3 ppl. I havnt tried group grinding yet but solo grinding for me just became alot harder.
Back to top Go down
eadwacer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 pm

I think we'll have to adjust our playing style somewhat and learn how to live with it. I may need a reskill soon too:-) (e. g. Turbulence, a must in EP4, isn't that great anymore). Also I hope that stun, existing only in description of earth spells (Earth Spikes I think) atm, will get fixed.

We talk about what got worse, but many skills are much better than before - Sustain Doom, Magic Arrow, Fire Ball or Spread Roots come to mind. Too bad those are single target skills only, so I understand how people can see mages as some kind of crippled archers now... yet we have to see what surprises has the second part of the EP5 update for us.
Back to top Go down
Anth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Anth

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:38 am

First of all,Neither am I standing besides the Mage nor am I against them,Otherwise judging the skills.
Talking as a Mage,They already performed somewhat enhancing skills that cast within few sec's as like Magic/Fire arrows that take only 5-7sec(s).. yet it deal quite well DMG but talking for real.. removing instant skills from Mages that deal immediate DMG was truly mistaken therefore destroyed their special capability where they were famous for and most of players prefer playing as a Mage because of that advantage.However,It was a private matter.. and not only Mage class got affected as well but also Fighters on the other hand as example "Speedy Attack" doesn't exist anymore and it actually surprised all the main players as it can't be compared with any other Fighter "Skill" no matter what.. in additional our "primary" skill "Demon Hush" that deals DMG equivalent to the attack power plus it adds around 248 power cannot be performed anymore with a Dual-weapon/One handed sword/Blade sword and thus it have no use anymore...
In a nutshell,I am not saying that Mage's became better somehow.. ,Regrettably They became weak with no power that it hardly for an uber Mage even to solo with these skills.. so I hope they shall have a word with them to try to fix some skills.
And Rid,I just would like you to know that not only Mage got affected in this EP,Others did the same as well but honestly to say Mages are the "most" class that got bad effects and no doubt on that..
And politely to say,Leaving the game will not fix the problem because sooner or later they will try to work on it and I hope so.
Back to top Go down
crazyains

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-25

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 am

I totally agree I kinda stopped playing as much after the update.

My first ever toon was a mage which i played all the way up to 40 to unlock Hm then to 45 before actually starting a Hm toon,
My Hm toon was and still is a mage level 51 atm,
I made an Um mage and kitted him out with [10] enchanted gears two different ele tops and one [11] wep then they brought the update out and I couldn't do anything in 1-15 but sit and leech or attmept to kill with MA from range which if its a fighter your trying to kill it become nearly imposible =( so he got deleted
and now I play an Um archer instead in 1-15.

Personally there is only one good thing I can see that came from the update for mages and this is only a slight and i mean slight advantage as its only really good for rec mages and thats body protector.

overall mage's basically just got told were not as important as some things =(

since ive got my account back and started playing again though ive found that all's not lost we can still grind okish in a decent party but PvP is a nono as far as I can tell but im coping with almost everything except for the huge amounts of MP our spells now consume other than that I feel I have adapted fairly well although I would much rather play my archer but i have to wait for my paycheck before I can get some more contis Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EP 5.1 ruined game for me   EP 5.1 ruined game for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EP 5.1 ruined game for me
Page 1 of 1