KOH Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOH Forums

Knights Of Honor Guild forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Empty
PostSubject: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 pm

I will love you to the end of time....

Mar 23, 2009, 3:41 am

Screams of pain, terror,humiliation and agony tear through my very soul. Even as I lay dying with a sword pinning me to the door I cry at my helplessness at being unable to render the young maiden aid.

I can hear him slapping her around and the tearing of cloth as he starts to brutally assault her. Rage begis to fill every fiber of my being as I once more attempt to pull the sword from my body. FINALLY! With a great surge of pain I pull the wicked thing out of me and grasps it's hilt within my hands. In mere seconds I jump her attacker as he whirls to face me...in an instant I cleave his head from his shoulders....slaying her attacker.

I collapse to to floor searing pain washing over my entire body. I can feel my self growing cold and numb as I look at her...my love...my wife...me dearest friend...as the darkness grows and the cold begins to fill me I feel her gently roll me on to my back and hold me...

"Safe?" I whisper.

"Yes...please don't leave me..."

"...love you...forever..." I whisper

"forever..."

She holds him in her arms as the light his beautiful soft eyes dim and his voice is forever still...

Tears gently falling from her eyes as she holds him in her arms...her lover ,her husband, her best friend..her Drazen....

"I will love you to the end of time...." she whispers as she clutches him to her...
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I Thought

Mar 9, 2009, 8:00 pm

I once held my self on high.

I thought I was great and awesome.

I thought I had all the answers.

I thought that I was all that she needed.

I thought that I was the key to everything.

I thought that I was enough.

I thought that I was a her hero.

I thought wrong....
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 pm

In The Mirror

Mar 30, 2009, 2:04 am

He stares quietly in the mirror and tries to recall what love was....

He stares at the lines of age marking his face...a face deep in lonliness.

He stares at the grey in his hair and and remembers a touch long gone.

He stares at the saddness in his eyes...

In the mirror he see his past and his future fade away....
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 pm

You abandoned me

The door behind me slams shuts and locks behind me causing cold fear to enter my heart. I hold my sword and shield at the ready my partner..my best friend...my love ran and left me behind. I could not phathom why? I am not alone...something down the dark corridor awaits me. There is no going back the way I came for the way is barred. "She abandoned me...why?" Hope had fled and fear and despair assail my mind, heart and spirit.

I continue down the corridor with only a dim natural light showing the way. The closer I get I can now make out its shape..."My God it's huge!". This undead ghoul clad in heavy but rusty armour and a jagged wicked looking claymore in its hand...a coldness fill me the coldess of my death..."Why did you leave me?"

I try to steel my self for the fight of my life. Yet hope died within me the moment she abandoned me as a team we defeated worse than this creature alone my chances of survival are abysimal. I can smell its rotted flesh and filth from here. I lower my helms visor and say a prayer to my Lord....It rushes me!
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Necrona Victorious...?

"...HOLD THE LINE!" I roared to my remaining Warriors of Light. We were desperate this dark day. It seemed that The Light has abondoned us and for what reason we could not fathom. The Armies Of Necrona had marched from the Lands of Shades and swept all that were sent to stop her. Now after we fall there will be no one left to stop these hellish armies. COMMANDER!" There are too many one of my captains yells at me from her position on the right side of the ragged line. 'TIGHTEN IT UP!" I command as wave after wave of these demonic and undead warriors of Necrona keep pushing us ever backward.

These were the armies that swept through The Cities of Light and The Fortress of Light at Allison's pass 2 years ago. "Why hasn't The All Father helped us I wonder aloud?" Then the Shadow's Armies ruler herself....Necrona appears before her frontline ranks...she raises a most evil looking staff above her head and in a sweeping motion she slowly points it at us....and uttering a most foul and demonic spell thrusts her staff towards my line of warriors...and pure black lightning rips through us! EEEEEYYYYYYAAAAAA! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! BOOOOOOOM! Searing pain tears through my body....I am growing cold..as I lay dying I can see the dead and unmoving bodies of my warriors....smouldering all around me...."Why....Father? Why?" I close my eyes...." I am sorry....."

All around me there is light...pure white and golden in its beauty. I am clad in white and silver linen as heads towards what appears to be golden hall...all around me beauty and serenity reign supreme. I see my father...my brothers...my grand-father and grand-mother...I am being welcomed into the hall of my ancestors. "Drazen!" my family cries out to me. All hugging me and kissing me. "I failed The Light why am I allowed here?" I say aloud. "Silly boy you gave all that you had in fighting for The Light of course you are worthy to be here" my Grand-mother says to me...she looks but a lass of 18 summers.

He stares at His fallen armies. He stares at those that sacrificed all in His name. A holy rage courses through His very being they broke the rules...now they will find out why He is called The All father.....ARISE MY FALLEN WARRIORS OF MY LIGHT! A voice filled with immortal thunder says across the heavens.

She stares at the bodies of her fallen enemies all around her. Now soon all the world shall bow before her and her Darklord of Shadows. She grins as The bodies are torn asunder. Now that all The Armies of The Kingdoms Of Light are swept away and she shall soon destroy their cities and enslave their peoples.

He looks at all the fallen heroes all around him...those that he personally knew and those of legend as well. Raven Darkslayer...Kale Knightstorm...Allinson T. Kobe, High-Prince of Emrose, Arch Paladin Jenna Rhys...and many more... these warriors who fought the Armies of Shadows over the last 2 wars and this one as well... "Now MY warriors of Light back into the fight you will go in MY name!"

A low rumble fills the sky...the ground...the very air itself. Necrona has a growing sense of fear as she sees the bodies of her fallen enemies disappear before her very eyes....the faces of her commanders are filled with an unease that she herself feels. Off in the distance she sees a growing light....getting brighter and brighter. "Hmmm if there is one army to destroy so be it she says aloud and the unease disappears from the faces of her generals. "Ready yourself she commands her armies" "Pre....pare?! "What?!"

Before her an army appears before her! Out from the glowing light thousands...no hundreds of thousands of warriors come charging foreward! The reanimated corpses in her army shimmer in a golden in light and before she can say anything are made whole and new! Their tattered clothing and armour new and glowing with a gentle golden light and attack! Holy warriors of The Everlasting Light are now sweeping through her Horde Of Shadows She raises her Staff Of The Dead to unleash it's unholy power on this new army. Before she can the fallen Arch Paladin Jenna Rhys stands before her and raises her sword towards the staff shattering it with a bolt of golden lightning!

Now Necrona and what's left of her shattered army flee before this onslaught from the heavenly host... "Where do you think you are going?" A voice says in her head. She looks around her and she sees the High-Prince Allison himself with his Silverine claymore in his right hand. "Foul woman there is no escape this time." He says softly in her mind. Raising the blade above him he swings it at her and wave of power rushes towards her! "NOOoooooooo oooo oo......."

Necrona is no more....only a motes of glittering dust falling slowly to the ground are all that remaind of this foul and evil woman. Peace once again reigns in the world.

Warriors of the past returning to their golden halls....those of the present given a new chance at life. For a promise had been made and kept.
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Follow me

They come pouring through the city gates killing all that came their way and. Screams filling the city from the dying and and the terrified.....

Follow me and gather all your friends and loved ones he tells her. She looks at him with unsure eyes.

Follow me and I'll get you and yours to safety. I will make sure you all get to safety.

Follow me to safety...I love you. She follows along with all that she loves.

They follow him. He leads her and hers through the darkest and most terrifying moments. He stops every attacker that comes and every danger.

She watches him every time a ray of light hits him and sees an odd shimmer...he loves her he said.

Finally they reach safety and just as he promised he got them all to safety. She looks at him unscathed. She hugs him and kisses him tightly and he slowly steps away....he slowly disappears before her eyes. She cries out trying to grasp him "Good-bye my love...I will love you forever..." he says...then he is gone. He had died days ago with the first defenders and in death he kept his promise to his love....
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 pm

I had to....

I watched as the woman I loved and a friend and rival wed in a hidden ceremony. I watched hidden from their eyes as the monk wed them my heart breaking. I watched and silently walked away from the scene. That was a few days ago.

I heard screams and shouts comming from the village square. I saw a few of the king’s guards roughing up a villager and holding a woman back as they battered the man. Then a coldness entered my heart and a ball of ice formed in the pit of my stomach. "NOOOOOOOOO!" I roared as they prepared to slay the man notching an arrow to my bow and instantly slaying the the kingsman about to run through the man....my friend and rival through. I heard a gasp comming from the villagers. At what I had done in a quick barrage of arrows I slew one holding him down before they could react. They released both my friend and the woman I loved.

Drawing their blades they ran straight towards me. I drew forth my twin blades as I soon as I tossed down my bow and met the three that were left in a fast and furious dance until in what seemed like an eternity I slew the last of them. My friends ran to me. I told them to grab what they could and cross the border to their relatives and that I would draw all eyes to me. I grabbed them both and hugged them fiercly. "Remember me"as I gave them my pendant.."Remember me".

"Why" They asked me. Because "I had to....because you are all that I have" I looked at them "I had to..........."
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Knightstorm.....

....I stare across the blackened fields before me. So many died here this day. The young, the old, the strong and the weak. They fought for their families, they fought for love, they fought for duty but most of all they fought for The Light.

We failed them. We should have been here much sooner. It should have been us that faced the dark hordes that swept through them. I walk through the corpses of the dead. Pain and anguish searing through my soul.

Far to the north I can see where the hordes went through. I look at my remaining Death Guardsman. "WE RIDE! TO THE NORTH AND THE DARK HORDES!" I roar to my men as I mount up on my horse and head northward....we are warriors of The Light and we ride for vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

All for nothing
I sit on the old chair on the porch of what used to be a tavern that is now just a burned down old building. I stare quitely ahead as I lean a bit foreward gripping the hilt of my sword and wonder where my youth has gone.

What happened to those happier days when all that I worried about was whether or not a book needed to be transcribed or a manuscript copied for this lordling or that scholar? Now I am a hardened veteran that has seen too many young lives thrown away for what? Someone's desire for power? For glory? In the end nothing was resolved and the young lives of our peoples sent into the meatgrinder called war. How many lives have I taken? How many sons, husbands, brothers, and nephews have I slain? I try not to remember but their faces haunt my memories everyday.

A soft light rain gently falls upon me as I continue to brood. It was all for nothing and now I feel old and very tired. My home...my friends...my love are all gone and all that is left to me are my memories.....
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Good-bye forever.
She looks at his back as he walks away with his head down with rejection and sadness. Despite being clad in his body armour and his rifle slung across his back and he walks away as a child being cast away. Her heart breaking as he leaves. She knows she did the right thing in telling him that she could no longer be with him. A soldier..one who has taken lives. When she herself is a healer and one who saves lives. Her friends had told her that she needed to do this. Were they wrong?
She turns and begins to walk away, her heart also filled with sadness. She looks at the necklace he gave her for her birthday. Then in an instant a wave of heat and pain slams her to the ground and a loud noise rings through every fiber of her being. She rolls over trying to catch her breath. She hurts all over and there is smoke ,debris and dust all over the place. A police officer is next to her asking if she is alright and she tells her that she is fine. The police officer helps her get up and then runs towards from where the explosion came from. The shouts and screams of people are all a round her and the wail of sirens can be heard in the distance.
Then horror fills her heart as she sees the devastation about her. The place that she and her one time love where standing is now strewn with rubble. Then horror strikes her heart as she see the many bodies of bystanders lying about the place as she looks around she sees a lone figure in shattered body armour lying across the street from her still smouldering from the intense heat of the blast. A coldness fills her belly as she begins to run towards the fallen soldier.
'Oh God...no...please don't let it be him...' she says to herself as she rushes to the fallen soldier. She recognises his darkened face. She immeadiately kneels down next him with tears rushing down her face while checking to see if he's breathing. She looks into his brown eyes that were always filled with warmth and mischief staring now dark and lifeless...eyes staring into oblivion. She cries as she shakes him hoping for some sign of life....nothing...the blast had killed him instantly. She pulls him to her and cries....knowing that she should just have let their love bloom and ignore the advice of her friends...now he'll never hear her tell him how much she truly loved him and holding him in her arms rocks back and forth as she grieves.
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Enslaved
He has seduced and enslaved her mind...she has become his willing slave and lover....she fawns after him like as if he is some twisted demi-god....tears seep gently down my face as I am bound in barbed chains of darkness to the half-broken tombstone waiting for my fate of death.

My armour is cracked and broken in many places my shield lies before me split in two....my sword is placed a scant inch from my touch. It still glistens with the blessings of light and holines of God...I have failed miserably...I have failed my God my love and my family....my own wife seduced and enslaved....there she is before me devoid of all clothing and clutching a cursed dagger of hell in her right hand and a cruel twisted smile upon her lips as 'he' whispers into her ear and fondles her left breast...she comes towards me as she leaves 'his' side the dagger spewing an evil and vile essence as she draws nigh unto me.

She is now above me and I just stare into her lifeless eyes and her lips poised with a cruel and twisted smile....she says 'well my love I guess this is where we part ways you unto death and I unto eternal life. I simply say quietly but gently to her I shall love you forever and may The Lord Jesus free your soul...she stops and just stares at me...a spark of life do I see? No, its my imagination for I have been abadoned by all I love and hold dear..I lower my head and wait for the death blow......not yet?....it will come....I say a prayer of forgiveness and I weep for my love and not for myself. I hear 'him' say kill him now my love so that you may rule in darkness by my side....'his' words grate upon my ears and soul holy anger rises up within me and I say In Jesus's name you foul creature of hell may The Lord smite you down and free my love from you!! 'He' hisses at me and takes the cursed-dagger from my wife and I look up and I see love? Pain? for me? I begin to say something to her and then 'he' with all his might ram the dagger deep into where my neck and shoulder meet. The pain and anguish sears through my mind,body and spirit and I howl out in terrific pain.....I nearly pass out from the blow blood flows from the wound and around the embedded dagger i am numb 'my Lord Jesus forgive her for she has been enslaved' I say softly . The world is growing darker...

'There my love now the evil one from the light is dead and now we shall rule all in the holy darkness" He says. He looks at his new bride and her naked beauty....he watches her and she hasn't acknowledged him yet...he waits and watches her as she gently grasps her dead husband's sword..a thing he truly fears....he tells her to leave it and she says "Why? My love we can place above our mantle in the castle as a warning to all our enemies." hmmm he thinks yes that would be a good idea. She saunters closer to him in her beguiling fashion....and raises the sword so fast and fluid in one motion and before he could react cleaves his head from his shoulders. Slaying her husband's murderer...when she looked down at her husband and said what he had said she she froze in place and the spell of darkness had shattered yet her body couldn't move and she couldn't speak she watched in utter horror as he was brutally slain..her love, her light and her everything is dead!! she runs to his still body and shatters his bonds and removes the dagger from him...little blood flows from the gaping wound and she holds his now still form and cries in anguish..her terrible nightmare over but the cost so high as she clutches her childhood sweetheart, her best friend, her true lover, the father of her children.....he's gone she keens and rocks his cold and still form clutching him to her and deeply grieving...she weeps and then she feels a warm light touch uopn her shoulder and she looks up into the eyes of an Angel of Light in her mind and spirit she hears her say "Arise Warrior of God for thou hast done well" and the Angel disappears she feels warmth and life flow from her husband's body and he opens his eyes and stares into hers and he say "I will love you forever" and they kiss and embrace ech other......
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Knightstorm Falls
The rainstorm still is going on. I sheath my twin crystalline blades and prepare to make my way off the hill and leave this battlefield. I am tired and need to find some shelter before the journey home. For some reason I decide to look up and as I do a flash of lightning reveals a huge winged-thing come swooping down towards me...I duck and draw forth both my blades. Electricity crackles from both of them. The winged thing lands before me and draws out a blade so black and foul that even in this dark storm it can be seen....The winged-thing lunges at me and swings its fouls blade down at me...its only this close that I can black-flames are engulfing the hideous blade..fear enters my heart. The fight is on as sparks shoot out from the clashing of our blades...after awhile the winged-thing strikes downward upon me knocking my blades out of my hands from the force of the blow. Before I could even jump to and grasp one of my swords the creature grabs me by the throat and says in low-graveley voice "Now you DIE!" while I am lifted off the ground with his right hand and holding me by the throat he slams his sword with all his might into me shearing through my armour....I howl out in pain and agonny so powerful I that it tears the air out from my lungs...the blade burns me as it penetrates....my body goes numb...he throws me far away from him and I land hard on the soaking wet ground with splash...I feel my life slipping away..."I am sorry Lord I failed you...I failed everyone...then darkness..."
He 'hears' him scream and he tears out at a run into the storm towards the direction where he 'heard' the scream came from. Knightstorm has fallen...he must be found! He will find him for he's Raven Darsklayer Lord in The Light....
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Knightstorm Avenged
The rain has stopped though the lightning still flashes occassionally and the wind still blows. He sees the winged-thing dragging an armoured clad body up the lone hill. He sees many bodies of creatures of darkeness lying about the hill. Many have wondered how he can always see in the dark but that has always been one of his abilities.
He watches as the creature takes what appears to be two crystalline swords and thrusts them into the ground. He ties the armoured clad warrior to the hilts of the embedded swords. The winged-thing then starts to makes a series of markings around the armour clad figure and he can hear it start chanting somekind of incantation over the fallen knight. He's had enough. Raven draws out his bow and fires an arrow at the winged-thing striking it in th back the winged-thing howls out in pain and rage and sees Raven with his bow. The winged-thing draws out his hideous black-flamed sword and attacks Raven. Raven quickly fires off another arrow again striking the winged-thing in the shoulder. It howls out in pain again. As the winged-thing draws close Raven unsheathes his silver-flashed long sword and the two begin to fight. The attack is ferocious but Raven too possesses incredible strength and is not weary from battle. He viciously counter-attacks the winged-thing's attacks! Then in a series of kicks and spins Raven catches the winged-thing reeling from his attacks and in a flourish lops off the winged-thing's head instantly killing it.

He cleans his sword off and then heads towards the hill where the armour-clad warrior is tied. He reaches Knightstorm's still form tied to his own swords. He unties the still form of Knightstorm lying him gently down. Raven then pulls Knightstorm's twin swords from the ground and cleans them off. He then starts to pray to the All Father asking that He remember this fallen and noble knight. Raven silently weeps for his fallen friend when a series of bolts of lighting begin to strike all around him yet not harming him. Then a bolt of white light strikes the still form of Knightstorm! Raven stares in stunned disbelief at the events transpiring before him! Then hears a voice in his head and all around him say "Arise my champion...Arise my holy warrior! Then Knightstorm is is stood on his feet but some unseen hand and opens his eyes! The blood and mud fade away and Knighstorms armour glisten as if made new. His twin crystalline blades shining and crackling with renewed energy and light.

Then the light fades and Raven approaches his best-friend and the two start laughing and hug each other! Knightstorm says in a hearty laugh with tears streaming down his face. I knew you'd come for me I knew you'd find me! Raven the says laughingly remember I owed you one when you rescued me from that group of goblins-raiders...they both then thank the All Father in reverent prayer and then Knightstorm says "Let's go home" Then the two noble warriors of The Light begin the journey home
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 pm

I will find you....
Her village has been raided by slavers they heve taken her and many of the other young men and women of the village. They are to be sold into slavery or worse. For hours they have been on the move. The slavers cracking whips and shouting at them to keep moving. The faces of her father and older brothers haunting her thoughts as they laid on the ground dying. They and many other men of the village had tried to save her and the others. "I will find you!" A whisper in her mind says.

All the enslaved villagers are told to strip or die...fear tears through all of them. They don't wanna die and they are already broken and without hope so they do as they are told. The slavers show no emotion because to them they are only propery. One by one they are checked and each given a number...no names. Then they're told to dress again."I will find you" the whisper in her mind says again. The next three days are hellish. They have had little food or drink. None have been able to sleep.

It's been four days now and they have stopped for the night. She and the others are exhausted. The Chief slaver has taken an interest in her and taunts her by telling her that maybe he'll buy her for himself. She can see the lust growing in his eyes. Fear now sets in on a constant basis. "I will find you." the whisper in her mind says again. The campfires have been lit and she can see the slavers in light of their campfire. She sleeps from sheer fear and exhaustion. Moments later The Chief slaver comes to her and lifts her up. He smells of filth and drink. He's drunk he carries her away screaming and kicking to his tent. Where he forcefully throws her on the ground whith such force that she is stunned. She sees him looming above her...he gets down beside her on one knee and begins to tear her clothes off. Tears begin to stream down her face..."I have found you!" the whisper in her mind says. Then at that moment several arrows pierce the tent's walls and strike The Chief slaver killing him instantly. Then she hears the rest of the slavers shouting and dying as arrows from the dark slay them all. Moments later a man in Ranger's garb stands before her as she cowers...he takes off his cloak and covers her....

He scoops her up and says "I have found you my love, me heart, my wife." She clings to her husband and begins to cry in relief and joy. "I knew you'd find me my Raven." He carries her to his horse and she looks around and sees the other enslaved villagers being freed from their bonds....her Raven and his Rangers had been on their heels since the raiding of the village. He looks up at her and then climbs onto the saddle and from behind her says "I will always find you my love"
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Courage Regained
I sit here huddled in a dark corner of the alley...hiding like the coward I am. All courage had left me when I lost my wife and daughter those many years ago. I have been hiding and running ever since. Now here I am a guardsman for this town and it and it's people are being slaughtered by a marauding band of goblins and orcs. I can hear the screams of both the terrified citizens and the howls of the marauders. I can do naught but sit hear and cry and despair as self-loathing tears through out every fiber of my being....

"MOMMMMMYYYY" a child's screams rips through every fiber of my being. Something draws me out of my hiding place. The I see them a child and her mother being dragged away by a couple of goblins. Then I see where they are dragging them to....a bonfire where they are going to be thrown into alive!

Something inside me snaps....for now I see to mine own eyes the image of my wife and daughter being dragged away. Rage....white hot anger....I attack the goblins! "RAAAAAHHHHH" I roar out form my hiding place I quickly slay both of the goblins with my spiked-steel mace. Other marauders see me ane attack me...but it's as if time has slowed down and in mere instance I have slain a couple orcs and some goblins....after they are dead I grab the mother and her daughtrer and hide them in a closet in an abandoned house to my left. Now it's time for VEANGEANCE! My world becomes a blur as I slay any and orc and goblins that cross my path....still in my rage I have noticed that other guardsmen that had been running had seen me fighting had begun to rally around me and we began to force the marauders out of town. Then before me a Wraith Knight stands before me and the retreating marauders stop and turn to face us and my fellow guardsmen stop and falter. I don't and as I continue foreward I grab a spear that is stuck in the body of an orc and in a flash I hurl it hard and fast and hit the Wraith Knight clean throught the visor of it's dark helm killing it instantly. Then we chased down and slew the rest of the maruaders.

As I crush in the skull of the last goblin. I stare at it's shattered face. A guardsman gently calls my name and pats me on the shoulder. I look into his dirty and bloody face and I know he wants to ask me "How" and I know not the answer so I just simply nod to him and walk away....he nods back and as I leave I see the understanding in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm

From bad to worse....
....ALL UNITS PULL BACK!!! RETREAT...ALL UNITS RETREAT!!

The call came over our internal com-links. We were getting continuous updates of our situation and things were bad from the get go. I knew we couldn't stop the enemy forces from taking this town but we had to buy the citizen time to escape. My auto-rifle's indicator showed I had 150 rounds left in the magazine and I had 4 clips left as well as still left in my pouches.

I had 4 grenades left. My squad and I barely entered this fight before we got the call to pull back and retreat to the next point of defense. It was just a unfortunate that our apc got nailed in the last missile barrage. Fortunately the driver was taking care of soem personal needs at that moment or she'd be singing with the angels.

I had my .45 and 3 magazines and an extra canteen which I gave to her and so the rest of that had extra ammo and such geared her up. I looked at the rest of my squad mates and that's when the sarge ordered us to find some alternative transportation and fast because we were running out of time and fast.

There are 6 of us including the driver and we headed away from the battle lines and started running down the shattrered streets and building looking for anything that we could use for transport as all the available units are being tied up in the mass retreat. Finally, we were away from the most dangerous of the areas then that's when things got worse in moments a barrage of heavy artillery started hitting the town from all over the place.

Man talk about going from bad to worse. We all jumped into the various craters to escape the barrage. Even in our powered battle suits and helmets the explosions rattled everybone in our body. The sarge myself and the driver ended up in on hole and the others in a crater a few feet away. Once the barrage let up we were on the move and at a near dead run.

After awhile we came upon a parking garage for the town's maintenance workers and checked inside....alright a work van! We checked it over and it seemed alright. While our tech and the driver unlocked it and hacked into the van's security lock we watched the street for any sign of the enemy...nothing....yet.

Then moments later they got the van started. Thank God the fuel tank's full. We loaded up and got out of there as fast as our driver deemed safe. As we finally made it to the outskirts of the city we could hear the roar of jet engines above and we could see enemy transports dropping paratroops and equipment in their efforts to take the town I once called home as a child. The I saw a glint comming out of the sky...an enemy fighter! Heading our way! Our driver step on the accelerator and the van lurched foreward in a vain attempt to elude our oncomming attacker. We could see the ground erupt in a fountains of dirt all around us then ...BOOM! The enemy fighter was blotted from the sky. What the..? We said aloud. Then To our amazement fighters....10...20...30 of them! Came screaming out of the sun and started attackng the enemy transports and their escorts.

We were saved......and we began to head for the rendevous point....hmmm this is just the beginning of bigger things to come I thought to myself...
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

A bit of justice and a bit of vengeance....
....I held her in my arms..her eyes wild with fear, pain and agony....what did those "animals" do to her? No, the correct questions is what didn't they do to her. I wrapped her in my Cloak of Healing. The blessings bestowed upon it slowly healing her violated body but her mind will need the healing that only a Healer of God can give.

"Please...don't let them hurt me again" she pleaded of me.

"They will never hurt you again...now sleep." I promised the young woman.

Hmmmm, I set my Shield of Warding at the foot of the bed to protect her and The Cloak of Healing will keep her asleep until my return. For now I am a tool of The All Father and I shall bring His vengeance upon her violaters. I then go to my Armoury and prepare myself. I don my shiny black and emrerald green plate mail on. Then I don my black-mail and leather gauntlets on my hands. Over the platemail I put on my hooded black and emerald green surcout and put on my polished leather belt and pouches on. The I strap my twin emerald and black steel blades onto my back. Then I don my visored black and emerald green trimmed helm on and I head out to hunt down her assailant(s).

I close and lock the door to my dwelling and I slowly scan the area about me for any sign of trouble...nothing. I head to the nearest tavern to "hear" what I can pick up.

".....and she was a fine lass....(hic)"

"....then I said to her...you get my meal ready or I'll wallop you...."

".....that'll be a 2 coppers for the meal, sir"

Hmmm nothing so far but yet something tells me to wait a bit longer...I amn hidden in a dark corner of the tavern.......hmm. 3 rather rough looking men over there.

"....have you found her yet?" the larger of the men asks.

"No" The smaller red-headed man say.

"Nope....no sign" the scruffy blonde states matter of factly.

The larger man says "She was good and I want more of her but if she reports to the town watch we're in for it...this her place executes men like us...we have to find her..."

" yeah she was real goooood" the others sneer with wicked smiles upon there face.

Then I listened as they began to describe their actions quietly among themselves before they stopped and noticed me staring straight at them and they grew quiet. Each throwing looks at each other. I slowly got up and paid for my drink while grabbing my helmet and heading for the back door knowing full well that they would follow me.

"...he knows...we must silence him...he's heading out the back into the alley..." I hear them whisper. Good and too bad for them. I reach the alley and don my helm and slowly draw my twin-blades out and await them in the shadows. Moments later the 3 of them come out of the tavern. The larger man and the red-head with spiked clubs and the blonde with an iron long-sword.

"Where'd he go?" The blonde questioned loudly.

" I am right here...scum."

"Why did you hurt her?"

"Because she looked so good and was deserving of our attention....heheheh" They said in near unison.

"Too bad for you the penalty for assault and rape is death here in West Fall."

Then in a flash I was upon them before they could even react I beheaded the red-head in an instant. In a flurry I blocked the blonde's slash and gutted him with a reverse swing from my other blade. The larger man had dropped his club and tried to run....I threw the sword in my right-hand straight into the back of the larger man with full force instantly impaling him.

I slowly walked to his corpse and retrieved my sword....cleaning the blood off it with a piece of his shirt. I removed whatever money they had and took their sorry excuse for weapons with me.

Awhile later I entered my room and found her still asleep. I cleaned my armour and all the weapons and I sat on my chair as I watched her sleep into a more peaceful sleep....some how she sensed their deaths and the fear and terror slowly 'washed' away...into more peaceful dreams.....vengeance and justice had been served and now it's time for healing to begin...
Back to top Go down
Drazen Tor
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Drazen Tor

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

A rainy night...
It's evening and a gentle rain falls outside. I am drinking my cocoa and reading data pouring in on my internal view HUD. Hmmm all is quiet tonight .

A flash in my mind of a young pregnagnt woman in pain and crying. I wonder "what the..?" was that. I shake my head and then continue to drink my cocoa. Again the same image flashes across my mind. Nearly blinding me...this time I get a sense of location. I pay my tab bill and put my helmet on and seal my visor against the rain.

I head for my hover bike and prepare to search for the young woman. I "hear" her cries in my mind. The situation is becomming more urgent by the moment. Her fear and pain like a beacon. I ride as fast as I safely can in this weather. The market district? I head there and call for a med-team to be placed on stanby.

I can feel she is near....but where? I begin to scan the nearby stores and market squares as I slowly go down into the area. I sense her..THERE....SHE'S IN THE GRAND MARKET .

Med-team delta to the grand market NOW! I order. I ride to the market's entrance and find it sealed. Using my law-enforcement clearance I enter The Grand Market at a run. I hear her cries audibly this time and head straight for the young woman while activating my emergency beacon so the med-team can easily find us.

I immeadiately begin first-aid protocols. She's giving birth here and now! I keep calm. She's in incredible pain. "We're here officer...stand aside" The med-team quickly begins to work on her. She opens her eyes and looks at me and then closes them again as she begins to push. I watch with awe and concern for this young woman. Moments later I hear her give out a loud cry as the child fully enters the world screaming at the top of her lungs. The young woman passes out from the exertion.

Another med-team arrives as I have begun to act as security for the area calling in another unit to maintain security for the store. Moments later I am following the ambulance to the hospital on my hover bike. Mother and child are again checked out by the Duty Doctor. As they are taken to a private room I remark to myself that for once something went good this week.

Life does indeed go on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)   Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Of My Fav Short Stories & Writings =)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KOH Forums :: General :: Public Discussion-
Jump to: